- MEDIA ˇ
- GAME ˇ
- DEVELOPMENT ˇ
We have just uploaded the first hotfix of the Oster build. This new hotfix addresses both a handful of bugs that we’ve found over the last couple of days as well as a few tweaks.
- Machine guns (M1918, MG34, M1919 & MG42): Range increased, and “far Damage” lowered
- this has the effect that the weapons will damage enemies further away.
- Sub-machine guns (MP40 & Thompson): Near damage buffed, range increased
- this makes the SMGs a bit more effective
- Semi-Auto rifles (M1 and G43): Range increased
- this makes the weapons a bit more effective at range
- Head damage multiplier upped from 3 to 4
Other Tweaks & Fixes
Yesterday we gave you a glimpse of the new character iteration which will improve the realism when aiming your weapon in the Oster build. This will have a noticeable impact on the dynamics of firefights, but it won’t be the only thing that changes when it comes to weapon simulations. Our game design team has gone through the weapon range and damage values, and made some adjustments. In addition, grenades have been made more deadly!
The Oster build is drawing near, but there are still cool new features we haven’t shown you! Besides introducing Mechanized Recon ATs, supply crates on cars, new weapons, a new career selection menu, the Oster build also features several interesting new map tweaks.
We’ve already covered the new buildings you will find on the Airfield map, but now comes something that was widely requested by our community: redesigned access points on the Hill Skirmish and Forest Skirmish maps. Our level design team took on the challenge of finding a way to reduce the amount of spawncamping in skirmish battles without having to completely re-write the existing game mode. The result is a combination of new buildings, new landscaping, new terrain props and rearranged spawn points, which should make it much less comfortable for lazy campers to just sit around the access points, waiting to shoot enemies as they appear.