- MEDIA ˇ
- GAME ˇ
- DEVELOPMENT ˇ
In the upcoming Xylander update we have taken a look at the way you earn your base salary and updated it, so you now earn credits based MORE on the time you actively play the game instead of on how many battles you complete. The base salary increases as you rise in ranks and you will of course still earn credits by capping, wounding, killing and so on as usual. A small bonus is furthermore given if your faction wins the battle you participate in.
We know a lot of you prefer to have more details available so here is a list of other changes that impact the credits income that we’re releasing with the Xylander update. So in short: Soldier salary is now defined as credits per sec active time. The Credit bonus you get for winning is now 10% extra credits, price and wear adjustments for weapons and price adjustments for character packs (prices reduced except for recon officers).
On Friday we talked about the Credit earnings updates in the Devstream and we’ve highlighted that part here:
Ok, ok. You want MORE details.. Check the list below :-)
- Price and wear adjustments for weapons
- Price adjustments for character packs (prices reduced except for recon officers)
- Pistol hair-trigger ROF reduced to differentiate it from the match trigger (faster but less precise)
- Price adjustments jeep, kübelwagen & Gaz. creditprice increased, num vehicles increased, repair discount increased (effectively reducing cost-pr-vehicle)
- Lowered credit price on rename solder
- Lowered gold price on rename soldier & rename AT
- Increased vet-membership credit bonus to 25%
- Vehicle price adjustments
- Updated to correct values (added 2000 pr. rank) – Increased hourly soldier salary to 8000, 8500, 9000, 9500, 10000, 10500, 11500, 12000, 12500, 13000, 13500, 14000,14500, 15000, 15500, 17500, 18000, 18500
- Added credit-award for damaging armor (currently players are only awarded credits for destroying armor, and XP for damage & destruction). Initial number is based on ribbon multipliers and might need tweaking (after release).
- Added credit-award for long-range damage & kills w. SA / BA rifles
- Added credit-award for killing enemies while capturing and capturing without being seen
- Added a 150 credits award pr. soldier for staying until the mission ends.
We’re currently fixing bugs and verifying that those we fixed yesterday are actually fixed so we can get the update ready as soon as humanly possible.
In Heroes & Generals there are two types of battles that players can join and fight.
Staged battles are auto generated battles that are fought independently of the war with evenly balanced resources for all factions. War-battles are on the other hand based on the actions of the officers and generals controlling Assault Teams in the war. This means that sometimes these battle can be very uneven in terms of resources available for the players and thereby less fun to play.
In the upcoming Xylander update that we are currently testing, Reto.Desji and Reto.RedBjarne are including a round of tweaks and updates to the Town map and the Factory map. In a previous devstream we managed to corner BOTH of them and made them show these changes.
So take a look here
Continue reading for a bit more detail on the changes.
In the next update named Xylander the Soviet faction gets a new rifle as promised. In the last update we introduced the German StG44 and the American M1/M2 Carbine, as a high-level infantry weapons and here is the equivalent Soviet version. The Soviet players will get access to the Avtomaticheskaya Vintovka Simonova 1936 model (Автоматическая винтовка Симонова) aka the AVS-36.
In the coming Walker update we are moving some ribbons around and adding a bunch of new ones.
We are rolling the rifle ribbons into a new “Infantry Assault” ribbon and the tank ribbons into one “Armor Assault” ribbon.
But what about my progress on the removed ribbons? We’ll take your progress from the individual ribbons and ADD them together, so a lot of you might start the new ribbon at a very high level, we thought this is the most fair thing to do.
ARMOR & INFANTRY ASSAULT
The two new ribbons introduced are the main ribbons for Infantry and Tankers and progress in these ribbons are unlocks weapons and vehicles in the different categories.
We know the gameplay with scoped rifles is loved by a lot of players, so this is something we have wanted to expand for a while. BUT this said, the different classes still have their different purposes on the battlefield, and we think it is much more fun if these differences are expanded by for example not giving everybody access to all scopes, but limiting the high end scopes to the recon class.
We have pulled performance stats for all vehicles and looked at how they perform in game and we’ve been digging through our forums and the Steam discussions to gather as much community feedback as possible, and now we’ve rolled this into a great big balancing pass for armored vehicles (and AA cannons).
The next update is called ‘Walker’ after the American Major General Fred L. Walker, and here these tweaks, fixes, etc. will show up. Keep reading for more details on what is being improved.
While we are still hard at work getting the Walker update ready for you all, it is time to lift the curtain and reveal some of the awesome new features this update brings! The update is called ‘Walker’ after the American Major General Fred L. Walker.
A map that has been around for quite a while is the Factory map, and this time reto.Desji managed to find time in between his other very secret work to give it a makeover, addressing a lot of the major and minor annoyances on the map, as well as adding a solid handful of new tweaks to improve the level.
Keep reading for more details!