- MEDIA ˇ
- GAME ˇ
- DEVELOPMENT ˇ
In the upcoming Xylander update we have taken a look at the way you earn your base salary and updated it, so you now earn credits based MORE on the time you actively play the game instead of on how many battles you complete. The base salary increases as you rise in ranks and you will of course still earn credits by capping, wounding, killing and so on as usual. A small bonus is furthermore given if your faction wins the battle you participate in.
We know a lot of you prefer to have more details available so here is a list of other changes that impact the credits income that we’re releasing with the Xylander update. So in short: Soldier salary is now defined as credits per sec active time. The Credit bonus you get for winning is now 10% extra credits, price and wear adjustments for weapons and price adjustments for character packs (prices reduced except for recon officers).
On Friday we talked about the Credit earnings updates in the Devstream and we’ve highlighted that part here:
Ok, ok. You want MORE details.. Check the list below :-)
- Price and wear adjustments for weapons
- Price adjustments for character packs (prices reduced except for recon officers)
- Pistol hair-trigger ROF reduced to differentiate it from the match trigger (faster but less precise)
- Price adjustments jeep, kübelwagen & Gaz. creditprice increased, num vehicles increased, repair discount increased (effectively reducing cost-pr-vehicle)
- Lowered credit price on rename solder
- Lowered gold price on rename soldier & rename AT
- Increased vet-membership credit bonus to 25%
- Vehicle price adjustments
- Updated to correct values (added 2000 pr. rank) – Increased hourly soldier salary to 8000, 8500, 9000, 9500, 10000, 10500, 11500, 12000, 12500, 13000, 13500, 14000,14500, 15000, 15500, 17500, 18000, 18500
- Added credit-award for damaging armor (currently players are only awarded credits for destroying armor, and XP for damage & destruction). Initial number is based on ribbon multipliers and might need tweaking (after release).
- Added credit-award for long-range damage & kills w. SA / BA rifles
- Added credit-award for killing enemies while capturing and capturing without being seen
- Added a 150 credits award pr. soldier for staying until the mission ends.
We’re currently fixing bugs and verifying that those we fixed yesterday are actually fixed so we can get the update ready as soon as humanly possible.
In Heroes & Generals there are two types of battles that players can join and fight.
Staged battles are auto generated battles that are fought independently of the war with evenly balanced resources for all factions. War-battles are on the other hand based on the actions of the officers and generals controlling Assault Teams in the war. This means that sometimes these battle can be very uneven in terms of resources available for the players and thereby less fun to play.
In the upcoming Xylander update that we are currently testing, Reto.Desji and Reto.RedBjarne are including a round of tweaks and updates to the Town map and the Factory map. In a previous devstream we managed to corner BOTH of them and made them show these changes.
So take a look here
Continue reading for a bit more detail on the changes.
This week is the anniversary of the liberation of Paris in WW2 and to celebrate we’ll give everybody a voucher for 200 gold for free!
PARIS2015 – Expired
This voucher gives your account 200 Gold and can be redeemed from now until Tuesday the 25th of August 2015 at 01:00 US EDT / 07:00 CEST.
Voucher redemption instructions
- Go to http://game.heroesandgenerals.com/ or launch the Steam client.
- Log in
- Click the Menu button (looks like a cogwheel) in the top right corner
- Click on the “Redeem Voucher” button
- Paste or type in the voucher code “
PARIS2015” and click “OK”
Our last event, the Steam Anniversary unfortunately ended before some people got a chance to redeem their voucher so we will let this one run a bit longer than just the weekend, and keep it open all the way to our Tuesday maintenance begins!
Paris? liberation? wut?
The incoming Xylander (named after German general Wolf-Dietrich von Xylander) update brings two new special edition weapons and a few variations for the MP 40.
P08 Parabellum – ‘Eisernes Kreuz’ edition
This update introduces a new exclusive version of the P08 pistol. Customizing pistols by adding new grips or modifying the existing ones was something that officers sometimes did. Here is the first one we’re adding to the game. The ‘Eiserne Kreuz’ (Iron Cross) edition of the P08.
The pistol has an ivory handle with an embedded black iron cross placed so it is visible even when you hold the pistol in your hand in game.
WAIT THERE IS MOAR!
The incoming Xylander (named after German general Wolf-Dietrich von Xylander) update brings a number of much requested uniform variations.
Ever since we introduced uniform (and weapon) variations they have been much loved by players wanting to customize their looks and this time we’re adding a new handful. We know that some players wanted more specific German variations and we have been digging through forum posts where a lively discussions of how the uniforms look and should look has taken place. We also introduce four new Soviet recon uniforms that we think you’ll like as well!
In the next update named Xylander the Soviet faction gets a new rifle as promised. In the last update we introduced the German StG44 and the American M1/M2 Carbine, as a high-level infantry weapons and here is the equivalent Soviet version. The Soviet players will get access to the Avtomaticheskaya Vintovka Simonova 1936 model (Автоматическая винтовка Симонова) aka the AVS-36.
Following the ‘Walker’ update, we can celebrate our 1 year anniversary on Steam for Heroes & Generals. Since the Early Access release in July 2014, the community has grown to more than 5.5 million players! We have added a lot of new gear, added a lot of new features, and thanks to our awesome community we have fixed lots of bugs and tweaked gameplay and balancing using performance stats and community feedback.
Once again we thank you for your support and we look forward to deliver more content, more features and, with your help, constantly work on improving the game for many years to come!