- MEDIA ˇ
- GAME ˇ
- DEVELOPMENT ˇ
In the coming update named Young (after US brigadier-general Gordon Russell Young) we’re adding a much-requested improvement to the game. Improved spawn protection! Everybody knows that being spawn-camped can be a rage-inducing experience and can drive otherwise normally sane people to smashing their keyboards and screaming abuse at innocent bystanders.
The new spawn protection will be introduced on the Skirmish maps in this first iteration and then when we have collected feedback and data it will be extended to other gamemodes as well.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Soviet AVS-36, new uniforms, new weapon skins, “Battle Director” and more available in just-released Xylander Update
This brand-new update brings a lot of new features – AVS-36 (and its’ bayonet) to help fight the Sturmgewehr 44 and M1/M2 carbines released in Walker, Town and Factory Map updates, XP-bonuses for War battles, credit earnings update and new “Battle Director“! The update is named ‘Xylander’ after the German Major General Wolf-Dietrich von Xylander (there are not that many people named something with X), and here’s a quick overview of the new features we’ve added for you to enjoy!
In the upcoming Xylander update we have taken a look at the way you earn your base salary and updated it, so you now earn credits based MORE on the time you actively play the game instead of on how many battles you complete. The base salary increases as you rise in ranks and you will of course still earn credits by capping, wounding, killing and so on as usual. A small bonus is furthermore given if your faction wins the battle you participate in.
We know a lot of you prefer to have more details available so here is a list of other changes that impact the credits income that we’re releasing with the Xylander update. So in short: Soldier salary is now defined as credits per sec active time. The Credit bonus you get for winning is now 10% extra credits, price and wear adjustments for weapons and price adjustments for character packs (prices reduced except for recon officers).
On Friday we talked about the Credit earnings updates in the Devstream and we’ve highlighted that part here:
Ok, ok. You want MORE details.. Check the list below :-)
- Price and wear adjustments for weapons
- Price adjustments for character packs (prices reduced except for recon officers)
- Pistol hair-trigger ROF reduced to differentiate it from the match trigger (faster but less precise)
- Price adjustments jeep, kübelwagen & Gaz. creditprice increased, num vehicles increased, repair discount increased (effectively reducing cost-pr-vehicle)
- Lowered credit price on rename solder
- Lowered gold price on rename soldier & rename AT
- Increased vet-membership credit bonus to 25%
- Vehicle price adjustments
- Updated to correct values (added 2000 pr. rank) – Increased hourly soldier salary to 8000, 8500, 9000, 9500, 10000, 10500, 11500, 12000, 12500, 13000, 13500, 14000,14500, 15000, 15500, 17500, 18000, 18500
- Added credit-award for damaging armor (currently players are only awarded credits for destroying armor, and XP for damage & destruction). Initial number is based on ribbon multipliers and might need tweaking (after release).
- Added credit-award for long-range damage & kills w. SA / BA rifles
- Added credit-award for killing enemies while capturing and capturing without being seen
- Added a 150 credits award pr. soldier for staying until the mission ends.
We’re currently fixing bugs and verifying that those we fixed yesterday are actually fixed so we can get the update ready as soon as humanly possible.
In Heroes & Generals there are two types of battles that players can join and fight.
Staged battles are auto generated battles that are fought independently of the war with evenly balanced resources for all factions. War-battles are on the other hand based on the actions of the officers and generals controlling Assault Teams in the war. This means that sometimes these battle can be very uneven in terms of resources available for the players and thereby less fun to play.
In the upcoming Xylander update that we are currently testing, Reto.Desji and Reto.RedBjarne are including a round of tweaks and updates to the Town map and the Factory map. In a previous devstream we managed to corner BOTH of them and made them show these changes.
So take a look here
Continue reading for a bit more detail on the changes.
The incoming Xylander (named after German general Wolf-Dietrich von Xylander) update brings a number of much requested uniform variations.
Ever since we introduced uniform (and weapon) variations they have been much loved by players wanting to customize their looks and this time we’re adding a new handful. We know that some players wanted more specific German variations and we have been digging through forum posts where a lively discussions of how the uniforms look and should look has taken place. We also introduce four new Soviet recon uniforms that we think you’ll like as well!
In the next update named Xylander the Soviet faction gets a new rifle as promised. In the last update we introduced the German StG44 and the American M1/M2 Carbine, as a high-level infantry weapons and here is the equivalent Soviet version. The Soviet players will get access to the Avtomaticheskaya Vintovka Simonova 1936 model (Автоматическая винтовка Симонова) aka the AVS-36.
Following the ‘Walker’ update, we can celebrate our 1 year anniversary on Steam for Heroes & Generals. Since the Early Access release in July 2014, the community has grown to more than 5.5 million players! We have added a lot of new gear, added a lot of new features, and thanks to our awesome community we have fixed lots of bugs and tweaked gameplay and balancing using performance stats and community feedback.
Once again we thank you for your support and we look forward to deliver more content, more features and, with your help, constantly work on improving the game for many years to come!