- MEDIA ˇ
- GAME ˇ
- DEVELOPMENT ˇ
In the upcoming update named Young (after US brigadier-general Gordon Russell Young), we are introducing a much requested feature by the community, Vehicle Skins. You can now customize your vehicles by applying your favorite paint jobs and camo.
Drive into battle in style with one of the 5 brand spanking new skins. We are starting with 1 new skin for the US 4×4, 1 new skin for the Soviet Gaz-67, 1 new skin for the German Kübelwagen and finally 2 new skins for the amazing Kettenkrad. But do have patience, many more are to come in future updates. Who knows, your favorite vehicle might be the next to recieve new skins.
In the coming update named Young (after US brigadier-general Gordon Russell Young) we’re adding a brand-new weapon to the game. The much requested Soviet submachinegun the PPS-43 or as it is known in Russian the ППС – “Пистолет-пулемёт Судаева” (Pistolet-pulemyot Sudaeva) which translates as Sudaeva’s submachinegun.
The Soviet PPS-43 unlocks on the SMG Assault Ribbon at Rank 11 as the THIRD Soviet SMG. It is a compact and light SMG with good handling and range.
In the coming update named Young (after US brigadier-general Gordon Russell Young) we’re adding a brand-new vehicle to the game. The aptly named Sonderkraftfahrzeug Zwei “Kettenkrad” HK 101!
Officially designated a light tractor, the Kettenkrad might not be the fastest, but it is definitely one of the most maneuverable and versatile vehicles of the war. With the ability to attach a supply crate and improved off-road capabilities, the Kettenkrad offers a completely different experience when transporting the player into battle. Who wants a regular motorbike, when you can get a motorbike with treads and supplies?
In the coming update named Young (after US brigadier-general Gordon Russell Young) we’re adding a much-requested improvement to the game. Improved spawn protection! Everybody knows that being spawn-camped can be a rage-inducing experience and can drive otherwise normally sane people to smashing their keyboards and screaming abuse at innocent bystanders.
The new spawn protection will be introduced on the Skirmish maps in this first iteration and then when we have collected feedback and data it will be extended to other gamemodes as well.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
This week we launched the brand new Xylander update bringing a lot of new features to the game. As this first weekend after release ALSO coincides with the Labor Day in the United States we decided to give ALL players a 200 gold gift!
XYLANDER – EXPIRED
This voucher gives your account 200 Gold and can be redeemed from now until Tuesday the 8th of September 2015 at 01:00 US EDT / 07:00 CEST.
Voucher redemption instructions
- Launch the game on Steam OR go to http://game.heroesandgenerals.com/ in your browser.
- Log in
- Click the Menu button (looks like a cogwheel) in the top right corner
- Click on the “Redeem Voucher” button
- Paste or type in the voucher code “XYLANDER” and click “OK”
Labor Day? Isn’t that only for the Soviets?
Soviet AVS-36, new uniforms, new weapon skins, “Battle Director” and more available in just-released Xylander Update
This brand-new update brings a lot of new features – AVS-36 (and its’ bayonet) to help fight the Sturmgewehr 44 and M1/M2 carbines released in Walker, Town and Factory Map updates, XP-bonuses for War battles, credit earnings update and new “Battle Director“! The update is named ‘Xylander’ after the German Major General Wolf-Dietrich von Xylander (there are not that many people named something with X), and here’s a quick overview of the new features we’ve added for you to enjoy!
In the upcoming Xylander update we have taken a look at the way you earn your base salary and updated it, so you now earn credits based MORE on the time you actively play the game instead of on how many battles you complete. The base salary increases as you rise in ranks and you will of course still earn credits by capping, wounding, killing and so on as usual. A small bonus is furthermore given if your faction wins the battle you participate in.
We know a lot of you prefer to have more details available so here is a list of other changes that impact the credits income that we’re releasing with the Xylander update. So in short: Soldier salary is now defined as credits per sec active time. The Credit bonus you get for winning is now 10% extra credits, price and wear adjustments for weapons and price adjustments for character packs (prices reduced except for recon officers).
On Friday we talked about the Credit earnings updates in the Devstream and we’ve highlighted that part here:
Ok, ok. You want MORE details.. Check the list below :-)
- Price and wear adjustments for weapons
- Price adjustments for character packs (prices reduced except for recon officers)
- Pistol hair-trigger ROF reduced to differentiate it from the match trigger (faster but less precise)
- Price adjustments jeep, kübelwagen & Gaz. creditprice increased, num vehicles increased, repair discount increased (effectively reducing cost-pr-vehicle)
- Lowered credit price on rename solder
- Lowered gold price on rename soldier & rename AT
- Increased vet-membership credit bonus to 25%
- Vehicle price adjustments
- Updated to correct values (added 2000 pr. rank) – Increased hourly soldier salary to 8000, 8500, 9000, 9500, 10000, 10500, 11500, 12000, 12500, 13000, 13500, 14000,14500, 15000, 15500, 17500, 18000, 18500
- Added credit-award for damaging armor (currently players are only awarded credits for destroying armor, and XP for damage & destruction). Initial number is based on ribbon multipliers and might need tweaking (after release).
- Added credit-award for long-range damage & kills w. SA / BA rifles
- Added credit-award for killing enemies while capturing and capturing without being seen
- Added a 150 credits award pr. soldier for staying until the mission ends.
We’re currently fixing bugs and verifying that those we fixed yesterday are actually fixed so we can get the update ready as soon as humanly possible.
In Heroes & Generals there are two types of battles that players can join and fight.
Staged battles are auto generated battles that are fought independently of the war with evenly balanced resources for all factions. War-battles are on the other hand based on the actions of the officers and generals controlling Assault Teams in the war. This means that sometimes these battle can be very uneven in terms of resources available for the players and thereby less fun to play.