The new build named Oster (after the German Major General Hans Oster) is live on the servers! So that you know what to look out for when you jump in, here’s a short update explaining the new features we’ve added for you to enjoy!
Mechanized Recon – New AT and New Vehicles
A new Assault Team makes its way onto the field of battle. Mechanized Recon – these recon ATs can not only help generals by spotting enemies from afar, but also deliver a considerable punch to lightly armored enemies in the action game. If you want to know more about the newly added SdKfz 222 & M8 Greyhound, take a look here.
Updated weapon mods and tweaks
In addition to adding the above-mentioned new weapons, we have also gone through all the weapons and weapon mods, improving balancing between modded weapons and combat badges so everything now plays better, and fixing existing bugs. Ohh! And we’ve also given the hand grenades a boost so they are more effective and work much better in clearing rooms. You can read more about the updated weapons, mods & grenades here.
Another new exciting addition is a major update on how your character handles in the action game. This should give you a much better sense of where your character is in the environment as well as improving how the camera works, how aiming works and generally tightening the coupling between what you see and what the enemy sees on the screen. You can read more about the hero iteration here.
There is of course much more happening in the build, so continue reading for more details…
Here is a list of some additional features in the Oster build.
- Queueing – you can now queue for full missions and you can queue for missions your friends are playing in – read more here
- Vehicle locks, vehicles now have owners – read more here
- Updates to HUD & Stealing vehicles – read more here
- Anti-Spawn Camp work on Skirmish maps – read more here
- Supply Crates on autos – read more here
- Easier switch to/from tanker/recon/pilot – read more here
- Airfield Map tweaks – read more here
- 100+ New battlefields in Europe
- Drag and drop weapon loadout for your characters
The Mobile Command app moves along on its own release cycle (when at all possible) so the current version is compatible with the Oster build when it goes live.
For a more detailed changelog take a look here: Changelog on the wiki or..