Fall is truly here. Stormclouds everywhere, rain falling from the clouds and cold winds blowing, so there’s nothing better to do than grab a hot cup of coffee and get to work! As you have probably noticed we have released the Manstein build and we are monitoring server performance as well as client issues and hotfixing whenever we see issues.
We are also doing all we can to gather feedback on new features and then match the community’s ideas with our plans and designs. So head over to the forums and discuss and chat with your fellow players.
We are currently in the process of locking down the features for the next build, and I am gathering screenshots and info from the rest of the devs so we can start presenting the new features in the coming build.
On another note reto.Gargamel is busy playing the Manstein build to find new exciting ideas for the “Half the battle” column. Please drop him a PM in the forum or write a comment if you have ideas for future posts.
That is all from me, have a great week everybody! :-)
Do you want to receive the weekly Intelligence Bulletin by email? Then go to your Account settings, press ‘Change account settings’, check ‘I want to receive weekly development updates’ and press save!
Programmer and Technical Lead
- Planning & Meetings
- Meetings & Planning
- Reto.RedBjarne is currently helping GFX&LD do more of their magic faster
Action Game Team
- Destruction (new objects being smashed)
- Replay fix
- Capture point, Supply point, Vehicle colimeshes bugfixes
- Ingame map
- Enter/Exit animations
- Ingame map
- Character progression GUI
- New ingame map work
- Hero iteration
- Destruction setup amok
- Radar prop setup
- Ingame map
- Adjust spawn cams
- Character / vehicle clean up
- Generic passenger enter / exit anims
Graphics & Level Design Team
Lead Character Artist
- Nissen Hut getting ready.
- E-bunker work
- Airfield stripes
- Fixing bugs
- Global caching work
- Keeping eyes on Fog of War (Tweaking)
- Support tool meeting and development
- Bugfixing (Manstein)
- Bugfixing on Manstein, both iOS and Flash.
- Fix – AT rank can be reset to 0 after a match [Leeb]
- End of war statistics [Manstein]
- Start moving supplies after they were on the winning side in a battle. [Manstein]
- Optimize Logic that updates the state of a battlefield [Leeb]
- Still working on distributing view handling across multiple machines
- More render stuff [post Manstein]
- Better SLI support [post Manstein]
- GUI revamp stuff, moving forward albeit a bit slowly.
- Optimization – reduce the number of objects that transactions depend on
- Factory production logic re-worked [Manstein]
- Progression unlock items saved for characters [Newgarden]
- Progression unlock notifications saved for characters [Newgarden]
- Functionality to test Progression unlocks [Newgarden]
- Performance monitoring on live
- Added transaction log as well as viewing tool for transaction log
Lead Sound Designer
- Stereo gun sounds.
- Destruction sounds
- Impact hit indicator (server confirmed) getting ready for Newgarden
Community, QA & Support Team
- ID’ing high prio bugs.
- ID showstopper bugs
- Reto.Chinch visit
- And CAKE!
- Reto.Robotron3000 tried to fry his ears by listening to a playlist that alternates Norwegian Black Metal and Leonard Cohen
- Website server handover to SEL
- Metrics work