We are lurking! After the release of the build you might have noticed a lot less happening on the blog, that is because we like the new build as much as you do and spend all our waking hours playing the game, both on our Reto. accounts and lurking on other accounts getting as indepth a feel of how you like the build as possible. And yeah, we are just as happy with it as you are, but alas, we cannot just sit around and play games. We have to build it. So we are now shifting our primary focus back on development and we are hammering away at new features, stability etc.
Reto.vashu recently gathered 20!!! pages of questions from the forum and we are currently sorting them into groups based on whether they relate to the action game, strategy, bugs, general feedback etc. and I (Reto.Robotron3000 and Reto.Gargamel) just started pestering devs for answers that we can then translate from the long sequences of 0s & 1s and colourful squiggles the coders and graphics guys normally use for communication.
That is all from me, have a great week everybody! :-)
Do you want to receive the weekly Intelligence Bulletin by email? Then go to your Account settings, press ‘Change account settings’, check ‘I want to receive weekly development updates’ and press save!
Programmer and Technical Lead
- Meetings & Planning
- Planning & Meetings
Action Game Team
- Terrain rendering stuff
- Bug fixing
- Partial State Networking code
- Tiger Update, Recon Vehicle update
- Videolog 8
- Character progression
- XP iteration
Graphics & Level Design Team
Lead Character Artist
- Complete rework of Mountain Town Map in progress
- New fuel depot under construction
- New train station under construction
- Terrain optimizations – Add MORE mountain!
- Adjusting Capture point distances
- Adding more fun to Mountain map
- Destruction prep
- Impacts and HE explosions.
- Support tool design and implementation
- Bugfixing (resolver on Leeb, Keating, and other stuff)
- Fixed some Android bugs, finally found the problem with supplylinestatuses. [Leeb]
- Updated some screens in the Flash client to use the new window layout.
- Fixed random selection of server not being random enough
- Prevention of Critical Crash work [Leeb]
- UI overhaul work for coming builds
- Planning new Character Progression system
- Character Screen now remembers last selected soldier from last session in same browser.
- Fix – Exceptions on Live server
- Fix – AT reward logic
- Bugfixing on live
- Performance on staging
- Work on first time player flow done
- Components for UI
Lead Sound Designer
- More stereo gun sounds; M1903, Thompson & Kar98
- outsourcing brief
- sounds for destructables
- Armor model sounds
- Leeb bug fixes
Community, QA & Support Team
- ID’ing problems and issues with the build
- Testing hotfixes
- Forcing people to answer dev Q&A questions
- Writing newsletter
- Not celebrating Christmas yet
- Reto.Jose_L – Performance optimize landing pages and fix bugs.
- Game analysis