After a bit of downtime, the servers are back up with the Leeb build. A couple of the servers also moved physical location, some of the got updated hardware and they all had a bit of TLC. Rolling out a new build is always exciting as it is such a great feeling to let you guys play with and experience the new features we have built.
On another note we have reinforced the community team with Alex aka Reto.Chinch – Reto.Chinch is based in London and will work as
a spy in the War Office, community manager, helping us take better care of all players, their feedback, questions etc. as well as help me (Reto.Robotron3000) with getting more exciting information out in various formats. We will of course do a full developer profile (detailing and disclosing every single skeleton in every single closet) shortly, but until that surfaces, please join me in welcoming Reto.Chinch to the team. I also hope that you have all enjoyed the last couple of weeks’ posts on the new features in Leeb, and that they have given you some ideas of what you can expect to experience in the game. As always if you have ideas for stuff you would like to know more about in the game, please let us know and we will do our best to answer your questions!
That is all from me, have a great week everybody! :-)
Do you want to receive the weekly Intelligence Bulletin by email? Then go to your Account settings, press ‘Change account settings’, check ‘I want to receive weekly development updates’ and press save!
Programmer and Technical Lead
- Meetings and planning
- Moved Reto.RedBjarne into the Graphics/LD office to help out for a while.
Action Game Team
- Fixing bugs [Leeb]
- Fixing other bugs [Leeb]
- Fixing old bugs [Keating]
- Starting up Videlog production
- BomberBo back on Action Team
- Outsourcing planning
Graphics & Level Design Team
Lead Character Artist
- Play sessions – Internal tests on Mountain Map major revamp.
- Testing capture area distances.
- Scheduling and planning when Mountain revamp is done – aim for Manstein
- Work on the Support tool
- iOS: Fixed some minor bugs and submitted the iOS client. It has been approved and is ready for release.
- Reto.sNell: Got turned into a newt. Got better, but I am now a Flash programmer until I get better again.
- Reto.Vashu:They should call me “Slayer of Bugs, Overlord of Stabilization” instead they just say “fix bugs, programmer #34” [Leeb]
- UI revamp continues [Manstein]
- Reto.Vashu: Developer Feedback thread on the forum [Communication]
- Getting a new setup, fancy words for moving to a new desk [Internal]
- Initial design on Supplyline skirmishes, codenamed “initiative missions” [Design]
- Getting Reto.Snell up to speed on the Client setup [Temp flash programmer setup]
- Fix – AT movement to a battlefield assigns the correct accesspoint as the destination marker [Leeb]
- Fix – Correct the orientation of tank factory map in terms of which faction spawns at which accesspoint [Leeb]
- Fix – Supply AT movement speed is dependent on the parent type [Leeb]
- Fix – Some ATs might be rewarded even when they have not lost any tickets [Leeb]
- Fix – Airborne ATs do not have destination markers [Leeb]
- Mechanism to record metrics for game design purposes [Leeb]
- Record concurrent user load [Leeb]
- Automatically move ATs which have been left stranded on supplylines [Keating]
- Implemented dynamic thread allocation for task system, started tested performance implications
changed retry mechanism to employ queueing (instead of retrying directly in the change propagation thread)
Fought the staging servers a bit.
- Bugfixing (Leeb)
- Started work on new terrain rendering algorithm (Manstein+)
Lead Sound Designer
- Gun sounds redeigned and getting ready
- Propaganda radio outsourcing
- Old sounds reworked in stereo
- Armor Model sounds work
- Bug fixing Leeb
- Mono to Stereo and 3D sound code
- Coordinating destruction sounds
Community, QA & Support Team
- Leeb: New Hi-Prio bugs identified.
- Helping ID stability bugs on Game
- Planning test sessions
- Meetings with Square Enix Europe, planning how we can work together with more efficiency